Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Upgrade ... just for the sake of upgrading.

I have a sickness. Well at least I think it is. Now, I consider myself a hardcore gamer, and a hardcore collector. However, I think that the term "Hardcore" gamer gets misconstrued. No, I'm not a fanboy of any one console or company, now granted I like certain consoles for certain different factors, but by no way am I a fanboy. This really isn't a rant on hardcore gaming whatsoever. If anything it's a rant on being a huge fan of gaming, with a terrible problem of technology one-upsmanship. See, I currently have a Ps3, 360, & Wii. However both my 360 and my ps3 are both old, launch systems (Both 20 gig "Phat" consoles so to speak). Over the past few days i've been thinking to myself how much I would love to upgrade to a slim ps3 with a lot more memory, or a slim 360 because of the hdmi port. My issue with this is that (for the most part) they all work perfectly fine, and while sure it'd be nice to have the hdmi port or the extra memory, theres really no reason for me to upgrade. I just want to upgrade just for the sake of having the newest and best. Similar to the Nintendo 3DS, in my last post I said how I'm really not too excited about it. I mean don't get me wrong, it looks/sounds cool, but I have no need for it. But still, I have that burning desire to acquire it. To trade in my XL and pick one up just to have it. Damnit I hate my love of this hobby. It burns money and hurts my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment